Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Sketchbook Project

I just discovered this awesome artist co-op that's based in my hometown of ATL that's doing a traveling exhibit called the the sketchbook project

I don't know why I'd never heard of it. I happened to stumble across it at work while doing a search for our local call for entries board. You just sign up, pay $18 and they send you a sketchbook with a randomly selected theme. I ship it back in december where it exhibits for a year and then is stored in their permanent collection library.

My theme is "danger, danger". I wasn't very excited about it at first, but now I'm getting more into it. Here's a few pages I've done:




this page is my favorite so far, I just wish the pages weren't so thin so the colors wouldn't bleed through so much.







btw-you don't have to live in Atlanta to be a part of this, it's a national project.

1 comment:

Ericka Bailie-Byrne said...

My friend Marissa took part.
http://www.arthousecoop.com/projects/sketchbookproject3/submissions/5897-portraits-of-facebook-status-updates/photos/20767