Wednesday, May 20, 2009

art books

I've been wanting some new art books lately. I have a lot, but haven't gotten any in the past few years. Here's a few that are on my wish list right not.


The Upset
I saw this one at anthropologie and it is an amazing collection of contemporary artists. (remember the gang paintings in The Royal Tennenbaums)


Joseph Cornell
I don't know how I don't have a Joseph Cornell book yet.


Amy Sillman
I've only read about this book, but it sounds gorgeous.


Vitamin P
Another collection of contemporary artists. This one is only painters though.

and some of my favorites from my bookshelf:


Anselm Kiefer
Whoa looks like this one went up in value and is now out of print.


Basquiat


Rauschenberg
Also no longer available


Spilling Open
If you have not seen this, you need to check it out. Part art book, part journal, part work of art. Also check out her other books Brave on the Rocks and Messy Thrilling Life

No comments: