Wednesday, April 28, 2010

movie interiors: Blow-Up

This is one of my favorite movies. My husband watched it in a film class in college and turned me onto it when we started dating. It's a very subtle mystery involving a fashion photographer in the sixties starring the lovely David Hemmings and Vanessa Redgrave. David Hemmings has this amazing loft complete with a photography studio. I want it.


exterior of his building.


he has a ton of props throughout his loft. (and he even has a british telephone booth right outside his door!)


he has a huge collection of backdrops.












look at that gorgeous gemstone on his coffee table.








each of these rooms has a different stage of developing. It's fun to watch someone go to so much work to zoom in on a photograph instead of just pushing a button on their computer.


he even has red lights outside all of his doors.





and the most famous shot from this film:

3 comments:

Every Little Counts said...

oh my gosh... my husband saw this in film class too....AND he made us watch it while we were dating! i think i fell asleep though. i should actually watch this again, it's been awhile. i promise not to fall asleep.

oh- side note, whenever we have a photoshoot adam likes to bust out some of his photographer moves...à la "blow up". it's hilarious.

mkendall said...

Oh my gosh! I fell asleep the first time I saw it too!! I had to watch it a few times before I fell in love with it. That is too funny!

Elle Moss said...

LOVE!!!