Wednesday, April 7, 2010

movie interiors: Great Expectations

I wish this post looked better. My dvd of this doesn't look that great and I really hate it when they use the super widescreen. However, this mansion is absolutely gorgeous. It's another that I wouldn't really want to live in (possibly because it's being overgrown by plants) but I would love to vacation there.



this place has amazing gardens surrounding it.




see the vines growing inside the house?




the magical water fountain.




I love the repetition of green throughout this film.
















this is my favorite room. I would love to have a studio in here.


and it has an amazing balcony/patio leading out to the ocean.






and I absolutely love Finn's studio:

2 comments:

Swiss Miss said...

Yeay! Great Expectations! This is the ultimate space taken over by nature, so dreamy. Thanks for featuring in your lovely movie interior series.

STYLE NV said...

If you love hauntingly beautiful Miss Haversham style, faded decadence have a look at this Great Expectation interior styling shoot http://www.stylenv.co.uk/blogs.php?path=blogs.read&id=128