Thursday, April 1, 2010

movie interiors: A Clockwork Orange

This is my second all-time favorite film. I first saw it when I was a senior in high school and afterwards I was like "what the f did I just watch?" My brother said "just watch it again." Now I don't know how many times I've seen it. Stanley Kubrick is a master of set design. In this film they are so fantastical and bizarre, full of bright color, I wouldn't want to live in it constantly, but I would certainly love to stay at a hotel decorated like this.

Alex's house:

this house is full of crazy wallpaper.


only alex would have a window shade of Beethoven. check out that crazy comforter.


notice the chorus line of bleeding Jesus.


the bathtub matches the wallpaper perfectly.


the dentures match the pink of the walls in p & m's room.


I want to see my dad eating breakfast in that kitchen.


and who has an organ in their living room?


this room is fantastically bright. Even the ceiling is wallpapered.


this is my favorite wall in the house. It's 3D wallpaper!

The Korova Milkbar:



HOME:

I love checkerboard floors.


how awesome is that bubble pod chair?


Stanley Kubrick used this super enormous wattage light bulbs to set every scene. There's no other light source used in the entire film.





4 comments:

Ericka Bailie-Byrne said...

A Clockwork Orange is one of my top 10 soundtracks.

mkendall said...

me too! That was the first present I ever got my husband before we were even dating.

Rachel Elizabeth said...

Very crazy. I think I would go nuts living in a house like that.

Thalyssa said...

I would love to live in a house like that! Great great post!