Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day




This is a bittersweet father's day for me. I've been debating about sharing this on here, but I guess I finally will. This father's day is special because my dad gets to come to my house for the first time in a very long time. He been in the hospital, then to a nursing home, and now at an assisted living facility since the beginning of this year. He's had alzheimer's for the past 8 years and has gotten progressively worse this past year. If anyone has ever had to go through this illness, I don't even need to tell you how hard it is. (especially when it's your parent and you're only 27.) I'm just very happy that he's finally in a non-agitated state and we get to bring him "home" for a little while today.

I hope you all have a wonderful father's day!

2 comments:

Lightning Heart said...

i'm so sorry to hear this, i can't imagine what it would be like but i hope you have a wonderful time with him :)

Victoria Bennett Beyer said...

That is such a cruel disease that can make every moment bittersweet, but I hope you had a lovely day together.